Q: fixing an ignition. switch to a mozda rx8 year2004

my ignition switch was drilled out and now it needs to be replaced I need step by step directions on how to replace a ignition switch for a Mazda rx8 year2004. i will also need to know any issues i might run into

The instructions are set forth in the Factory Service Manual and in the case of the lock cylinder (the lock cylinder is probably the part that was drilled, not the switch itself, which is behind the cylinder) they are detailed. If you are doing it for the first time, you have to follow those instructions line by line because much of the column has to be opened up, you have to disable the air bag, and there are lots of fine points to the disassembly. The Factory Service Manual is available and you can obtain a copy. Overall, though, it will be much cheaper, and much safer, for you to hire a technician for this particular repair. If you desire that the lock cylinder and possibly the lock assembly (depending on the damage) be replaced by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request ignition cylinder/lock assembly inspection/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.