Q: P0705 Range Selector Switch

bought car and light came up, they probably unplug battery, got error p0705 transmission range switch at auto zone, got told to replace switch so I did, after I install switch car was running fine untiline I tried to switch to D3 and it was skipping it ( wasn't showing light) so I change it to D2 just to see if light came on and when I did the check engine came on and flashing light at D, when I switched to Park flashing D light stay and got red light at P, not sure what is wrong I though the problem was the switch and I'm not sure if car had that problem before since I did not try D2 before I got the check engine light the first time

Hello - it is unfortunate that you do not have knowledge of how the transmission shifted prior to the P0705 range selector switch failure. Still - it is possible that the range selector switch is simply mis-adjusted, or has lost its adjustment since you installed it. It is also possible that the new switch is faulty. Replacing/re-adjusting the neutral safety switch is the recommended next step. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, repair this problem, and get you back on your way.

3. P0705 Range Selector Switch