Q: Engine swap

Wanting to do an engine swap on a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 3.4L. Engine we want to put in is from a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 3.4L. Just want to make sure they'll work together since they're different years.

Hi there:

Sure; both engines are compatible with either 2002 or 2004 Pontiac’s. Just be sure that the mechanic gives the vehicle back to you without any starting issues; as this tends to be a problem if the mechanic does not properly reset the ECM to the new motor and ancillary sensors and ignition components that control and monitor the operation of the engine.