Q: Engine stalls while turning on the right side, driving on a road bump, or reversing when engine is still cold

My car engine always stalls when I am doing the hard turning on the road. It only happens when I turn to the right, drive on a road bump, or reverse the car while the engine still cold. There is no stalling when car coming to a stop or while idling. In the case of reversing, I have to wait until the temperature reaches about 80 degrees or else it will stall. I have replaced the new engine mounting and transmission mounting.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. I would check...

Hello, thanks for writing in. I would check the engine oil level and level sensor first as low oil will cause the engine to cut out. If the oil is fine then it sounds like a loose sensor connection. The most common one that would cause this is a bad crank sensor. There are a number of other issues that can cause this so it needs to be checked right when the problem occurs to see if it is losing power to the ignition or fuel systems. If you are going to have this stalling problem checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.