Q: Engine misfiring 2003 Honda CR-V

asked by on August 21, 2016

Plugged in OBDII. Got codes for misfiring on cylinders 1,2, and 3 as well as a random misfire code. Also bank 1 oxygen sensor code and P0420 catalyst below efficiency (I've had that last code for awhile and the code comes and goes). What is causing the misfires?

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Misfires can be caused by several things. I would first check for vacuum leaks, then I would pull the plugs to see if they need replacing. It is possible that have a fuel system concern, but I would lean more towards a vacuum leak. The amount of air the engine intakes, is measured to ensure that the proper amount of fuel is delivered. If there is a vacuum leak, extra air that the engine is not expecting enters and causes the air/fuel mixture to be wrong causing a misfire. If you need help pinpointing the problem, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the misfiring issue and help you move forward with repairs.