Q: Engine misfiring 2003 Honda CR-V

Plugged in OBDII. Got codes for misfiring on cylinders 1,2, and 3 as well as a random misfire code. Also bank 1 oxygen sensor code and P0420 catalyst below efficiency (I've had that last code for awhile and the code comes and goes). What is causing the misfires?

A: <a href='https://www.yourmechanic.com/artic...

Misfires can be caused by several things. I would first check for vacuum leaks, then I would pull the plugs to see if they need replacing. It is possible that have a fuel system concern, but I would lean more towards a vacuum leak. The amount of air the engine intakes, is measured to ensure that the proper amount of fuel is delivered. If there is a vacuum leak, extra air that the engine is not expecting enters and causes the air/fuel mixture to be wrong causing a misfire. If you need help pinpointing the problem, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the misfiring issue and help you move forward with repairs.