Q: Engine in auto theft mode/ remote is lost, so valet key won't turn on engine.

Is there any way to reset car computer so valet key will work ? Remote key is misplaced, and car motor will turn over but not run because auto theft mode seems to be on. Is only remedy to get new remote key???

A: Hey there, unfortunately there is no way to...

Hey there, unfortunately there is no way to reset the alarm without having a new key and having it cut and programmed to work on your car by a dealer scanner to program it for you. I recommend having 2 keys made and programmed to prevent a problem in the future.