Q: Doesn't want to go in to second gear when cold.

Doesn't want to go in to second gear when cold

3. Doesn't want to go in to second gear when cold.

Q: Car jerks and no acceleration. Slow pick up

Hey there. This may be related to a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this...

Q: My power steering fluid keeps draining and needs refilling

It sounds like you have a significant leak based on the rate of fluid loss. There is probably external evidence of the leak; it is also possible to have multiple leak points, of course, particularly as the car ages. However,...

Q: How do I deactivate my anti theft system on my 2010 equinox?

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The best way is to remove both the battery cables from your car battery and leave them off for 12 minutes. Then put the battery cables back on and tighten them up tight. Take...