Q: crankshaft seal

Wondering if its needed or just good practice to change water pump and valve cover gaskets when changing crankshaft seal and ballpark cost. Thanks

Hi there:

Anytime you remove and replace a water pump - click for estimate it’s always a good practice to replace gaskets of components accessible that will eventually wear out around the same time, including a crankshaft seal; and vice-versa. The valve cover gasket would not be a normal replacement during water pump service however, but it’s something that could be done at the same time.