Q: Q: Crank, no start

I was driving at a low speed, shifted into second gear, my car then gave a slight jolt forward and then my oil meter shot up to full. Thinking I had sliped gear, I really tried to shift into second but when I try to accelerate The car would not travel. I pulled over turned off the car and inspected the alternator belt, still there. When I went to try and start the car up again it would only crank but would not turn over. When I try to crank the car the RPMs do not register.

It is possible either a cam or crankshaft sensor has failed. The engine control unit relies on these sensors to detect engine rpm as well as to signal the tachometer. If one of them has failed, the ecu is not detecting rpm and will not signal fuel and ignition systems to fire. It can also be a failure of the engine control unit itself or wiring to it. Have a certified technician scan the system to find the exact cause of the no start condition to find the exact cause.

3. Q: Crank, no start