Q: Constant KA issues....

Hi, I have a streetka 2005, for the last 7-8 weeks I've been having a bit of trouble. The engine management light has been going on and off constantly. I've had two mechanics look at it and it's been a misfire on cylinder 1. I've had the coil pack and leads changed twice and after a week or so the problem reappears. Last week the garage change the fuel injector valve(?) and for a week it drove like a dream. This evening, however, the light came on again and it was accelerating really badly, juddering and not wanting to go, there now seems to be a strange ticking noise from under the bonnet. The light comes on and flashes then goes off again and doesn't feel right. Can anyone shed any light on this problem as I seem to be throwing money at this car on a weekly basis 😫

Well you have a new fuel injector, coil pack, and spark plug wires. Were the spark plugs changed? The condition of the plugs must be checked as a small crack in the plugs porcelain can cause spark to leak and cause a misfire. Check the compression on all cylinders to see if it is within limits, and if not, there may be an internal problem. I recommend having another expert inspect the light to see what the cause of the problem. If it is the same code, then that means the original repair may not have been done properly or that the repair did not completely solve the problem. If it is a separate code, this means that a new problem has occurred and will need to be diagnosed accordingly.

3. Constant KA issues....