Q: checking a car's battery

My car's battery is 5 years old, and even though it is still operating correctly, I would like to be proactive in detecting any problem that may occur in the future. Will a check-up find if anything is suspect in the battery ?

A: Hi there. First off, we're glad to read...

Hi there. First off, we're glad to read you want to be proactive about replacing your battery. Depending on the service check up you have completed, it may include a battery charge inspection. However, a good rule of thumb is to change your battery every three to four years to avoid battery-related problems. As a battery ages it doesn't always lose a charge, but it does lose cranking amps. By replacing the battery every 3 or 4 years, you can reduce the potential of starting issues significantly.

Recommended services
Get a Quote