Q: Car won't start and no power

The battery was checked and is good. But when I turn the car, the lights, radio and headlights won't turn on. But the starter is trying to turn over. The alternator sparked yesterday, and the same problem happend. I changed the alternator, and the problem still exists.

A: It sounds like you are having a problem wit...

It sounds like you are having a problem with the battery cables the either connect to the battery, engine, or the body. All of these will need to be checked. The sparking from the alternator is because the system is grounding through the alternator and may have damaged the new one you put in. I you would like to have this issue taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your location to test your vehicle's starting issue and make the needed repairs.