Q: Car will not start

I went to start my car and it started fine. Then after 5 seconds it just shut off. Now when I turn the ignition key the engine cranks but it will not turn over. The lights on my dashboard turn on but I am not sure if that means it is not a battery problem.

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 1994 Acura Integra. There are a few things that can cause a crank but no start condition, including no spark, no fuel, or a broken timing belt. The basics are spark and fuel. A common ignition fault with your car is the ignitor which is located in/on the distributor. When these fail, you lose spark. Since there are a number of things that can cause this, it is difficult to give you an answer as to what exactly is causing your situation, but those are the basics. If you want to have this checked by a certified mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your starting problem.