Q: Car turns over but won't start

Hummer would turn over but not start, so we replaced the fuel relay because it lacked fuel pressure to the motor. Car cranked and ran perfect, a week later the car failed to start, we replaced the fuel pump, car ran perfect for a few days. Parked the car and went to start it back, the engine will turn over but car fails to start.

Hi, thanks for writing in. If, during a "no start" session, waiting slightly more than 10 minutes allows you to successfully start your H3, the problem is not with the fuel system. A failure of the ignition switch (an internal short) is enabling Passlock -- the vehicle security system thinks the vehicle is being stolen and disables the fuel system and ignition. Waiting 10 minutes clears the Passlock issue, and the vehicle will start. I this is the case, the solution is to replace the ignition switch. I suggest having a YourMechanic professional, mobile mechanic perform a car is hard to start inspection. YourMechanic will come to your location to perform this inspection. This diagnostic session will confirm the cause of the "no start" condition, and verify the specific parts required to repair this failure.

3. Car turns over but won't start