Q: Car troubles with 97 lincoln continental

I have a 97 lincoln continental that was stalling when accelerated to 30mph and rough idling i changed the spark plus and wires i also bout a fuel filter and a fuel pump relay but i cannot find the location for the relay its not under the hood by fuse box or in the trunk. But my car was starting but once i changed the fuel filter it will only crank but not start i seen that my crankshift sensor has power sterning fluid on ot could the sensor be bad even tho i bout 1 almost a yr ago. I can hear my fuel pump when i turn the key on the on position is there a way you can help me diagnose the problem so i can get someone from your team to come fix my car.

Hi Dawnmonique. Thanks for contacting us today. There are several possibilities that are causing this hard to start issue based on your input. It’s quite possible that the excessive power steering fluid on the crankshaft position sensor is causing this problem, while it’s also possible that a mass air flow sensor or other fuel system component is the root issue. The best way to ensure the right repairs will be completed to get your Lincoln to start correctly would be to set up a car is hard to start inspection. By having one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location first, they will be able to inspect the car, pinpoint the root source and then complete the right repairs for you at your location.

3. Car troubles with 97 lincoln continental