Car temp reading hot but not overheating murano 2004 niss...

Q: Car temp reading hot but not overheating

asked by on August 20, 2017

I recently changed my thermostat due to my temp gauge reading hot whenever I'm idle. Drove for a day or two and problem came back. Now if I drive for 20min I'll see the temp gauge moving up and then it'll go back down to normal. I recently replaced the radiator and my fans do work. Also there is no leak so I didn't suspect the water pump to be the problem.

Hi Jennifer. One of the most common causes of an engine that runs hotter than normal is due to air bubbles in the cooling system. If repairs were made to the radiator and the replacement coolant was not correctly bled as recommended by Nissan, this tends to occur. However, there are other possible issues, ranging from an obstruction inside the heater core or the coolant being too thin (meaning more water than coolant). It’s supposed to be a 50/50 ratio of coolant to distilled water. To ensure you have the right repairs completed to resolve this problem, it is best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is running hotter than normal inspection.