Q: car shuts off while driving

car shuts off randomly while driving. Engine light on pulled p0136 code. would this make the car shut off while driving?

Hello. The code P0136 stands for a misfire detected while the vehicle was started. This means within the first few thousand revolutions. Typically this code will show with others. Was this the only code? Whatever is causing this code to be set is also responsible for stalling the engine. Does the vehicle restart after it stalls? A misfire can be caused by a large number of components. You will want to inspect the ignition system, the fuel system, and a few of the sensors. Unfortunately with limited information at this time, you are going to have a to perform a variety of tests in order to narrow down the list of possibilities. Try can see if you can get any other codes read from the PCM.

3. car shuts off while driving