Q: Car shuts off, battery light on after part replacement - 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

A week ago, I was driving the car when the dashboard started showing the battery light illuminted. The following day I was driving again and the car just shut off. I immediately had the battery replaced with a new one and everything was fine for the next two days. After that the battery light started flickering and the car shut off yet again. As I wasn't able to restart the car, I bought another battery and had the previous, also new battery, replaced. The car started after that. Just before the engine starts running, I've noticed that the electrical components in the car start losing power. The lights become dimmer, the radio turns off etc. What might be the cause of this issue?

A: Hello. You need an alternator in your car. ...

Hello. You need an alternator in your car. The alternator does not appear to be charging correctly. Always check all of the connections first just to make sure that they are fine. if they are then the alternator needs to be replaced. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office and replace your alternator.