Q: Car no longer stays on with revving after starting

After my car has started, the engine immediately dies. It previously would stay on after revving it a couple of times, but now it will not stay on. After multiple times of trying to start it, my car is beginning to turn over more slowly with every try. The relay and related parts have been replaced. I have been thinking that perhaps I should replace the fuel pump next. Would you give me advice whether I should next try the fuel pump or should I proceed with a different strategy?

Hey there, thanks for writing in. Have a mechanic check fuel supply under these circumstances: adequate fuel pressure (fuel pump operation, clogged fuel filter, fuel pump relay and fuses, etc.). It also sounds like your battery is weak. If you need to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the stalling issue to have this repaired.