Q: Car dies whiles driving and then restarts like nothing happened

Hi,twice in the past few days I have been driving at a low speed when out of nowhere the battery light comes on and the car dies and comes to a stop, the car restarts instantly without any issues at all. Both times this has happened the heater has been turned on. There has also been a constant loud and rattling mixed with cracking knuckles like sound coming from what I believed was the area near the cassette player but could be the hood, exact location is unknown, this noise occurs when accelerating and has occurred for around 10 weeks

A: Hi there - I would recommend replacing the ...

Hi there - I would recommend replacing the "thrust sensor", which is actually a low-fuel pressure cutoff switch on the engine. If it detects low fuel pressure, it cuts off the ignition. Often, re-starting the engine, even immediately, is successful, leaving no clues as to what is going on. As for the "knuckle cracking" noises, if your cassette isn't "digesting" a tape that it has eaten, I would recommend having a car is making a noise inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.