Q: Car dies whiles driving and then restarts like nothing happened

Hi,twice in the past few days I have been driving at a low speed when out of nowhere the battery light comes on and the car dies and comes to a stop, the car restarts instantly without any issues at all. Both times this has happened the heater has been turned on. There has also been a constant loud and rattling mixed with cracking knuckles like sound coming from what I believed was the area near the cassette player but could be the hood, exact location is unknown, this noise occurs when accelerating and has occurred for around 10 weeks

Hi there - I would recommend replacing the "thrust sensor", which is actually a low-fuel pressure cutoff switch on the engine. If it detects low fuel pressure, it cuts off the ignition. Often, re-starting the engine, even immediately, is successful, leaving no clues as to what is going on. As for the "knuckle cracking" noises, if your cassette isn’t "digesting" a tape that it has eaten, I would recommend having a car is making a noise inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car dies whiles driving and then restarts like nothing happened