Q: Car clicks when starting

My car just clicks when starting it. The battery has been charged at 13v, but the problem still exists.

If there is a click when you try starting it then you need to see where the click is coming from. I typically start by checking to see if the clicking is coming from the starter. If the starter is making the noise but cannot turn the engine over then there may be an engine problem. I would typically start by trying to rotate the engine by hand to see if the engine has seized. If the engine cannot be turned by hand then this is an engine failure problem. If the engine is fine then the battery cable may be bad. If you need to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to locate the cause of the clicking noise.

3. Car clicks when starting