Q: Can I charge the battery without taking off the positive cable

Can't get the positive terminal off. Does it require a puller?

Your battery can be charged without taking the cables off of the battery. Just be sure to hook the battery charging cables up to the correct side terminals (i.e. red cable to red/positive terminal and black to black/negative terminal). In the event that you do need to take the battery out of the car, you may need to purchase a small battery cable puller to get the cable off of the terminal. You may also try using a slot screwdriver to wedge in between the cable clamp to separate it after you have loosened the cable bolt that tightens it to the terminal.