Q: Buzzing noise in sounds system

I’m having some trouble with the speakers and audio system in my car. There is a buzzing noise before I even start the car. It seems like something is interfering with the sound system. I switched off the bluetooth from my phone and the car. Still, I hear the buzzing sound. If I turn up the volume on the radio, the buzzing gets louder. I want to be able to fix this myself. Can you advise me on what needs to be done?

If the radio is making any noise at all without the key in the ignition, this would mean the radio is receiving power from the battery at all times. This can cause excessive battery drain and the vehicle may not start.

I would recommend having the radio wires inspected for a short to power. The radio should not make any noise whatsoever while the key is removed from the ignition. Once the source of the short is located, it is possible that it could be repaired with electrical tape for re-insulation, but the damage may also be more extensive. In the case of major damage, the radio and/or radio harness may require replacement. Have your radio inspected by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Buzzing noise in sounds system