Q: Brand new CV axles causing vibration?

asked by on October 04, 2017

Hi, I replaced both CV axles on my 02 altima 2.5l in early august, i immediately noticed a vibration at 65-75 miles per while engine is under load ( passing, entering highway) that wasn't there before the axle replacement. The guy who did the work told me to take it for a front end alignment and that would tell us if it was a bad axle. Is that true? If not, how do you tell if an axle is bad and which one?

An alignment will not cause a vibration but if one of the tires was out of balance this can cause the problem if on of the weights fell off during the axle service. Once you get all tires balanced see if vibration is still there. If it is then take it back to have axles replaced again. The most common one to be not balanced is the passenger side since it is the longer axle and will vibrate more.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr