Q: Blown head gasket? 2000 VW Golf

Hi i have a vw golf mk4 1.6 and i noticed that when i rev my car i se lots of bubbles in the coolant reseivor. Im not loosing oil, or water and the car is not overheating either could it be a sign of blown gasket or just exhaust gasses? Thank you

Hello - yes, this bubbles in the coolant reservoir could indicate a blown headgasket. There is a specific test which determines if the bubble in the reservoir contain combustion gases. This would confirm a blown headgasket. Checking for low compression on 2 adjacent cylinders can also indicate a blown head gasket. I recommend a loss of power inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Blown head gasket? 2000 VW Golf