Q: Battery loses charge - 1994 Porsche 968

When I don't drive the car for about two weeks or more, the battery gets emptied out. The battery is almost new and has a standard voltage of 12 volts. I purchased a new charger. Is it necessary to disconnect the battery during charging, or could I charge it and keep the cables connected?

Hello there, thanks for writing in. It is not normal for your 1994 Porsche 968 battery to go dead after a few weeks of sitting. If this occurs, there is a parasitic draw. This is a draw that occurs when the vehicle is turned off. A few common items can cause this type of draw, such as the radio, power seat switches, car outlets, or a wiring harness fault like an open or short circuit. To answer you question about charging, the battery is typically disconnected if it sits on a charger for a long period of time. If you’d like, have one of our certified automotive technicians come to your home or office to inspect your battery for you.

3. Battery loses charge - 1994 Porsche 968