Q: Battery dying daily 2008 Audi TT

I recently got an aftermarket stereo installed in my car and now it dies after 12+ hours or not driving it. I already had a new battery installed and it never died before the new radio. Is there any way to solve this?

Hello - the recent stereo wiring is suspect here of course! This problem can be diagnosed by connecting an ammeter to the positive (red) battery cable, observe the current drain (likely less than 1 amp), then, one at a time, remove each fuse, check to see if the current drain has dropped to near 0, then reinsert the fuse. (Start with the power supply for the new stereo!) This process should identify the faulty circuit in most cases. The specific components on that circuit can then be checked for current drain problems. A professional mechanic, like YourMechanic, can come to your location, and perform this procedure for you, and replace/repair the failing component.

3. Battery dying daily 2008 Audi TT