My remote key is not working and my manual key cannot ope...

My remote key is not working and my manual key cannot open the car Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn? I think it is fine. I cpuld still turn on thr car with it before that Mechanic's Assistant: Wha...

My remote key is not working and my manual key cannot open the car Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn? I think it is fine. I cpuld still turn on thr car with it before that Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? Toyota camry 2002 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far? I've changed the battery of the remote. I'm not sure if the spare battery is not good as I've pulled it out of another system... Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? The manual key can only lock the car. I was using the remote to unlock it. Now that the remote is not working, I cannot get inside... Thank you

Automotive Expert
Hi! My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I **may** need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. Sometimes I have to look up some information so it may take a moment to respond. I appreciate your patience. The system will give you an automated phone call offer to speak to one of us on the phone **. It is optional.** Some folks prefer to talk on the phone. If you don’t, please ignore it as I cannot control the offer from popping up. It sounds like the car battery may be low or dead. You can jack the car up and connect jumper cables to the starter to give the vehicle enough power to use your remote to unlock the vehicle. If the battery is good and your key won't unlock the car then the latch or the locking mechanism must be broken. In that case you'll have to call an automotive locksmith to come out and use special tools to unlock the latch so you can open the door. Hi! My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. Sometimes I have to look up some information so it may take a moment to respond. I appreciate your patience. The system will give you an automated phone call offer to speak to one of us on the phone. It is optional. Some folks prefer to talk on the phone. If you don’t, please ignore it as I cannot control the offer from popping up. It sounds like the car battery may be low or dead. You can jack the car up and connect jumper cables to the starter to give the vehicle enough power to use your remote to unlock the vehicle. If the battery is good and your key won't unlock the car then the latch or the locking mechanism must be broken. In that case you'll have to call an automotive locksmith to come out and use special tools to unlock the latch so you can open the door.

Thank tou for your response. Is there any way I can get inside the car? I am hoping to get in through the trunk(boot). And will the alarm go off if I start the car?
Automotive Expert
You're very welcome. If your back seats fold down, then it should have a release in the trunk to push them down. In that case, yes you can get in through the trunk by unlocking it with your key.

Hey, I couldn't get to fold the rear seat.. There was like a lock/unlock toggle at the rear seat, but the did nothing when i switched them. I even tried to kick it with my hands, it wouldn't fold. I've checked the switches as per some YouTube videos which says they're on the top of the bokt, but i didn't find them in my 2002 toyota camry. Locksmith would cost me 270 just to open the door and 400 to 'fix' it. I've ripped off the passenger window rain shield (I usually leave the front window 2inch down as the ex owner was a smoker. I wanted to get rid of that smell). However, when I used a metal rod to unlock the car, the alarm went off. Fortunately it stopped when I locked the car again. Please help me, I don't need to pay $400AUD to solve this..
Automotive Expert
What information were you looking for? I see that you were able to get into the vehicle.

I was just able to open the booth.. I was hoping to get in by folding the rear seats, but I couldn't.. I panicked when the alarm went on and I just used the manual key to turn it on lock (for the alarm to stop) and I walked away. Note that when I unlocked the passenger lock, I still couldn't open the door and I was panicking at the same time. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Usually it should open based on my research... Do you think I should try again?
Automotive Expert
Yes try again. No need to panic. You will need to have the lock repaired.