Q: Anyone know what some suspension-related "rattling" at lower speeds could mean?

When driving at lower speeds, there's some subtle rattling when driving over some bumpy roads. The sound isn't detectable at higher speeds. If I had to guess, it's occurring in the front.

A: Just to be certain, I would ensure your spa...

Just to be certain, I would ensure your spare tire is tight. Weird rattles transfer throughout the car. If the spare tire is not loose, I would look towards the front suspension.

With the hood open and secured, I would bounce the vehicle by putting a knee on the bumper and have an assistant listen inside to duplicate the noise. Then the front wheels need to be raised off the ground and a firm shake vertically and horizontally may result in movement which would be an indication of a problem. There shouldn’t be movement in the front suspension with the steering wheel locked.

Inspect the sway/stabilizer bar links by grabbing the sway bar firmly with your hands and applying horizontal and vertical force. Any movement in the sway bar would cause a noise meaning the sway bar links should be replaced. The sway bar runs across the vehicle from driver to passenger and is mounted in 4 points.

The lower control arm bushings could be worn. The lower control arm mounts the lower side of the wheel to the frame. It is connected by two rubber type bushing which could crack and cause the arm to shift. Check all four bushings for wear and cracking.

Visually inspect the strut assemblies for leaks around the shiny shaft in the spring housings. Leaks would indicate you have worn struts and require replacement.

Finally, the strut mounts under the hood should be inspected for any signs of cracking of wear.

The most common cause would be the sway bar links or struts. If you want to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic. They can come to your home or office to inspect the noise and determine the cause of the sound.