Q: Anti-roll bar advisor on MOT - 10 Months ago

I'm looking at buying a VW Golf 56 plate with 95000 on the clock. It has had the clutch, gearbox, water pump and timing belt replaced. The MOT is due in November and it has previous advisories of: brake pads wearing thin offside, and anti-roll bar has slight play in ball joint nearside rear. The cost of replacing brake pads is relatively inexpensive however i'm unaware of any costs/issues associated with the ball joint on the anti roll bar? Could you please explain/advise on the anti-roll bar situation. Thanks in advance.

A: Anti-roll bar links, also called stabilizer...

Anti-roll bar links, also called stabilizer bar links, are generally fairly inexpensive to fix, though I can’t actually quote a price since you appear to be in Europe and our service only works for the United States. The cars we get here are mostly the same, but there are differences, and anti-roll bar links could be one of them. I would suggest contacting a qualified, trustworthy technician in your area to obtain an estimate for repair of the Golf you’re looking to buy.