Q: After 20-30 miles driving, squeaking sound begins

After around 20-30 minutes of my SUV performing well, I start hearing a squeaking sound from the right front of the vehicle. The SUV drives faster when accelerating and the squeak also grows faster. When I slow down, so does the squeak. The squeak stops when the vehicle stops. It does not matter what gear I am in, it only relates to both the speed and the turn of the steering wheel. It only occurs after I have been driving 20-30 minutes. What is causing this squeaking noise coming from the right front of my SUV?

A: Hello there. This is a common fault with th...

Hello there. This is a common fault with the Suzuki Vitara. The most likely causes for the squeaking noise would be the drive belt, axle, tensioner, or idler pulley. Any of these can increase in noise along with the engine speed. If you need further help, I would have a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the noise in person in order to have it corrected.