Q: Advice on buying a 1981 Datsun 280z

I'm looking in a 1981 Datsun 280z that has a cooling system partly disassembled but there's, for 1,000 bucks, little or no rust. What do you think?

Those were really good cars at the time, but that was a long time ago. You are only paying 1,000 bucks so if there’s little or no rust, it’s definitely worth that. I know some guys who put Chevy V8 engines in. You can play around and if you really want to get something fun to fix, go ahead and get it. There still are parts available for those things and 1,000 bucks is a steal if the body isn’t rusted. You just decide if you want to fix it up or you want to run it as a beater. You can go either way. For a lot of money, you have a really nice car, or just fix it up cheap and use it as a beater.

3. Advice on buying a 1981 Datsun 280z