Q: Acceleration hesitation in O4-cylinder 2002 Chevy

I have an O4-Cylinder 2002 Camry, 106,000 miles. There's no check engine light. The problem is when I press the gas, then all the RPM goes up, but it's hesitating in the acceleration. Please let me know how to fix it.

If you find that when you step on the gas and your RPM takes up, but the car doesn’t follow, the transmission is slipping. Unfortunately on that, it’s a very expensive job rebuilding the transmission. So what you’re going to do is try to change the fluid filter, and put some good Lucas automatic transmission additive and pray you don’t need a transmission overhaul, because it’s a very expensive job on that car. If you would like to have this checked out in person, a technician from YourMechanic can diagnose your car’s hesitation issue so that you know exactly what repair is needed.