AC not cooling. 2005 ranger v6-4.0l ford air conditioning...

Q: AC not cooling.

My AC is not cooling. The dealer told me it is a leak.

Most of the time when the AC stops working, it is because of a leak. The refrigerant system is a sealed system that is under pressure. If the pressure sensors detect the system is low, it will keep the compressor from starting to avoid damaging it. A technician will have the equipment necessary to find the leak. The system will need to be recharged to the proper level. Then an electronic leak detector or ultraviolet dye will be used to find the leak. Leaks can be as simple as an o-ring at a hose connection or as complex as an evaporator core that requires dash removal for replacement. Finding the leak is the fist step.