Q: A/C is blowing out hot air.

My A/C in my car is fully charged, and the collant tank is filled. My problem is when my A/C is on it blows out hot air. I have also noticed a rattling sound and my car will rev when the A/C is on. Does this sound like a compressor clutch problem, or could it be something as simple as a leak in one of the hoses or possibly a burnt fuse? Thanks in advance for your input!

The A/C system has electrical and mechanical operations. The electrical system is control by a computer. This computer uses inputs (sensors) to operate the A/C compressor clutch. The clutch is located on the front of the A/C compressor and when commanded electrically it will rotate the compressor. You can confirm this with a visual inspection.

When you are diagnosing this system, you need to check for proper operating pressures. The noise could be an internal failure with the A/C compressor itself. If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional can come to you and diagnose the issue with your A/C firsthand.