Q: 2013 Hyundai accent drove through about 10 feet of about 6 in water & car stalled. Only makes click when try to start it. E hi

I was driving down a 4 lane Rd in town. It was raining hard all day & later found out a main water pipe busted, so about 100-200 ft of the road was flooded I was driving about 30 mph, seen a little water on the road, thought nothing of it until I got about 10 ft into the water, now I'm doing about 20 mph causing the water to splash up, the water then got very deep, but not quit up to the bottom of the door about 6 in. (trucks/SUV's slashing us, pushing a water under car like waves) I quickly realized I couldn't continue but then the car stalled. 2 big trucks came hauling by me going way fast, causing huge wake in water, rocking the car back & forth. Sat there for about 10 min while trucks come through causeI g big wakes. pushed the car out of water, sat about 10 more min, tried starting it but it only clicked not turn over. Let it sit about hour, turns over not starting. Waited an hour now it turns over not starting. So we Air filter & it is wet when pulled it out. HELP PLZ,not my ca

Hi Amber. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Generally speaking, when you drive through standing water and the car will not start, it can be as simple as wet electrical harnesses and sensors causing the issue, ranging to water finding its way into the motor, which can be catastrophic damage. If the air filter is wet, then it’s quite possible that water has entered the engine. Before you begin to panic or attempt any repairs, it would be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection. This will permit them to diagnose your problem and determine what repairs are needed.

3. 2013 Hyundai accent drove through about 10 feet of about 6 in water & car stalled. Only makes click when try to start it. E hi