Q: 2007 Chrysler Pacifica when I put in drive motor shuts off but when I start it in neutral then park it rattles but don’t shut off

asked by on February 11, 2018

2007 Chrysler Pacifica when I put it in drive the motor shut off but if I start the car in neutral and put it in drive the motor rattles but stays running

The engine shuts down in drive because once in drive the transmission places a load on the engine and obviously the engine’s operation is marginal enough that it can’t accommodate that load. The engine has an ignition, fuel, or air induction fault but without performing some tests, it is impossible to specify the fault. You can obtain a resolution of this if you request a stalling diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.