Q: 1994 dodge ram, starts and idles fine,can rev engine, no problem, when I put it in drive and accelerate it sputters and backfires

Vehicle starts and idles great,can rev it up in neutral, sounds great,put in drive and Accelerate it stutters and backfires and runs terrible.

Hi there:

The only things that I could think of without being there to complete a diagnostic inspection is that perhaps the idle control valve dirty, faulty or is damaged and needs to be replaced. It could also be a vacuum leak or problem with the ignition system. Before you decide to purchase any parts or keep chasing the issue, you might want to contact one of our local mechanics to help you accurately diagnose the issue by having them complete an engine is hesitating and bucking inspection.

3. 1994 dodge ram, starts and idles fine,can rev engine, no problem, when I put it in drive and accelerate it sputters and backfires