Q: "check hybrid system"

My father looked and said there isn't any pink antifreeze and he read something about it needing to be hooked up to a machine.... but he said he may have read that wrong... could we just pour the pink antifreeze in the holder and it be ok?

Hi. Where is there no pink antifreeze? Is the "check hybrid system" light on? If the antifreeze is low, you can top it off with the proper type - Toyota SLLC for this model. However, if the "check hybrid system" light is on, then a qualified technician will be needed to inspect the system and determine if there may be damage and locate any possible leaks. I would top off the coolant to the full mark and put the vehicle in "ready" mode; then see if the "check hybrid system" light goes out. Keep an eye on the coolant level while in the "ready" mode as the electric water pump may start cycling the antifreeze and removing air from the system; this will lower the level and will need to be refilled as needed. YourMechanic has hybrid qualified technicians available to come to your location to assist you with an inspection for the low antifreeze concern. If your "check hybrid system" light remains on after replacing the antifreeze, a technician can also be dispatched to diagnose the "check hybrid system" light.