Q: Won't start say running

My van would start and run sometimes and other times it would run then stall at red lights and stop signs. Now it has gotten to the point where it won’t run at all. I have checked everything I could think of except for the computer. I put in a new map sensor, throttle body sensor, pick up coil, distributor fuel injectors, spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor and the ASD relay 2 times. I haven’t changed the fuel pump yet and got the code 42. I wonder if I should buy a new computer. But my van still won’t start and stay running. Do you know what’s going on and how I can fix this?

A: Code 42 is indicative of an auto shutdown r...

Code 42 is indicative of an auto shutdown relay problem. This can be caused by a wiring issue to the fuel pump - most likely a short or broken wire. Sounds like it's time for an electrical diagnosis. A professional mechanic, like one Your Mechanic, can diagnose the stalling issue and make the correct repairs.