Q: Wipers barely move

asked by on February 23, 2016

The windshield wipers barely move.

Wipers are not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There are two things that come to mind. The wiper arms are installed in the wiper arm transmissions via a cone shaped driver. If the wiper arm is loose, it will get pushed up the driver and not turn with the driver. This simply requires the nut to be tightened down to reset the arms in the proper location. The other possibility is a failing wiper motor. If the motor is turning slow, and it is getting the correct signals form the switch, then a replacement is needed. A certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose your wiper issue and have it repaired for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr