Q: Why the dealer at VW in district heights MD told me to replace camshaft with labor the price going be $1100 dollars

The dealer ship in district heights md told me to replace camshaft going cost $1100 dollars

A: The VW 2.0 Turbo is a direct-injection engi...

The VW 2.0 Turbo is a direct-injection engine. VW calls it FSI. The FSI pump is driven by one of the camshafts. They can be prone to wear at higher mileages or if the oil change interval with the oil recommended by VW is not carefully followed. Without knowing the particulars of why your vehicle was at the dealer (Check Engine Light/driveability issues), I can only speculate this is the reason.