Q: Wheel alignment

I purchased a 2009 BMW X5 from a local dealership a few weeks ago. The associate said that they rotated and aligned my tires, though the steering wheel is not straight. Could it have been a bad alignment job? Or could there be an underlying issue.

Thanks-

Hi There, The alignment corrects the suspension geometry back to the optimum setting, but the steering wheel position at the time of the alignment is arbitrary. Unless they really take care to keep the steering wheel centered while completing the alignment you’ll always get a small amount of variance with respect to the steering wheel being centered. I would suggest taking it back to the dealer to have them re-align making special note and mention of the steering wheel variance.

3. Wheel alignment