Q: What should I do with my car,junk or keep it?

I took my car to a repair shop F and F and they told me that the heads are cracked and it would cost $2500 to replace them. The car needs some transmission work too. I have replaced the water pump and the serpentine belt 4 years ago. I do not have that much money to do the work. Please advise.

A: The way I look at it if it was my car is, w...

The way I look at it if it was my car is, would the car be worth more than the cost to repair it completely after the repairs are done. If the cost of the repairs would exceed 80% of the cars value after the repairs then I would sell or trade the car off. With a car that is 15 years old with almost 200,000 miles the value of the car is not going to exceed the cost of these repairs.