Q: What should I do to care for the air bag system in my Honda Civic?

What should I do to care for the air bag system in my Honda Civic?

A: While your air bag system is designed to be...

While your air bag system is designed to be largely maintenance free, there are a few things that you should do to properly maintain and care for it. Here’s what you need to know:

1. If the air bags have deployed, they need to be replaced. Seat belt tensioners may also need to be replaced at this time.

2. If your car was involved in a moderate to severe accident, your air bags should be replaced even if they didn’t deploy. The seat belt tensioners should also be replaced.

3. Never remove or try to modify any component of your air bag system (or your seat belts).