Q: Fit a modified AUDI TT oil pump to the car, replaced the oil pressure sensor, but oil pressure light still on! 2005 Volkswagon

asked by on February 22, 2017

WE FITTED A MODDED AUDI TT OIL PUMP TO THE CAR AND NOW WE REPLACED THE SENSOR BUT THE OIL PRESSURE LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON??? SO WHAT WILL BE THE PROBLEM COULD IT BE THAT THE CLUSTER IS FAULTY OR WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THE PROBLEM

Hello - I would first put a real oil pressure gauge on the port for the oil pressure switch and see what real pressure looks like before driving it. Low oil pressure light switches trigger at only about 5 psi, so if the switch/gauge are working correctly, you’ve got real problems (worn connecting rod and crankshaft main bearings most likely) with this engine. I recommend a low oil pressure inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.