Q: Water is leaking inside of car

There is water leak when it rains. It is on the passenger seat

If the vehicle has a sliding sunroof, it is possible that a sunroof drain may be clogged or detached. Most vehicles equipped with a factory installed sliding sunroof, have up to 4 drain tubes to carry water from the sunroof channel, away from the interior and drain to the ground.

The front drain tubes will typically run from the front corners of the sunroof, down the A-pillars - the pillars on either side of the windshield - and possible exit in the front door openings near the door hinges. The rear drains may typically drain through the pillars surrounding the rear window to the ground. Have those drain tubes inspected for blockage or being detached.

If the vehicle does not have a sunroof, then it may be possible that a door seal on the passenger side may be torn, loose, or detached and is allowing water into the vehicle. A local sunroof / interior specialist or your dealer may be able to locate the drains and inspect them.

Have it looked at as soon as possible as if a large quantity of water gets in the vehicle, electrical wiring and electronic components can be damaged.

3. Water is leaking inside of car