Q: trying to start on it's own

Just put oil in car, spilled a little, small fire started, put it out almost immediately, put oil cap back on, closed hood, started walking away, car began trying to start on it's own, no key in ignition

Hello, thank you for writing in. One of the main things to be concerned with is that there was a fire started with the spilled oil. There has to be an ignition source of some kind, and if it came from the car, there was an electrical issue to begin with. Now that there may have been some fire damage, there may be damage to the electrical components or wiring harness. Inspect the vehicle for physical damage and find what components were affected. The main components that have any effect over the engine starting are the battery, charger, ignition, and starter. If the starter is turning over the engine, then it is getting power from the battery somehow and you should be concerned with the ignition switch. You will also want to look over the spark plugs and ignition system (not to be confused with the ignition switch where you put the key). They can technically start the vehicle is they are told to start firing the cylinders. More diagnostic testing must be done. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.