Q: Transmission playing up

Hi my Car used to drive fine until recently started jerking like as if the gear box is kicking particularly while driving around in the city or in traffic and yeah when parking when shifting from reverse to drive can almost feel the gear box moving a second later after selecting drive and the brake held. I understood from BMW forms that it could be an engine / gear mount plus the transmission is studying the behavior and has adapted to the play of the worn out mounts or swing arms but before I start replacing parts I need some advise if this has come by your way and if there is an easy way out of this? Thanks in advance Floyd

You can open the hood and put the engine in gear forward and then reverse and hold brake and give it a little gas to see if engine moves more in one direction than the other when switching from reverse to drive. If engine lifts then mounts are in need of replacement.

3. Transmission playing up