Q: Transmission in Limp Mode

The car is starting up fine, though sometimes it takes longer than usual. The transmission is in Limp Mode, and I am getting codes P0765 and P0700. In addition, when I press the gas pedal, the headlights get brighter.

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Based on the service information I have, it seems like the most likely cause is an internal failure of your powertrain control module. Your headlights getting brighter when the engine revs higher indicates a charging system problem. The problem is most likely your battery or alternator. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to diagnose your car’s loss of power so that you can have this issue repaired soon.