Q: Transmission in Limp Mode

The car is starting up fine, though sometimes it takes longer than usual. The transmission is in Limp Mode, and I am getting codes P0765 and P0700. In addition, when I press the gas pedal, the headlights get brighter.

Based on the service information I have, it seems like the most likely cause is an internal failure of your powertrain control module. Your headlights getting brighter when the engine revs higher indicates a charging system problem. The problem is most likely your battery or alternator. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to diagnose your car’s loss of power so that you can have this issue repaired soon.

3. Transmission in Limp Mode